I offer a few recordings tonight: Sing the wolf song
is to the lyrics that eve wrote me the other day. Apologies in advance if you listen with dogs in earshot. I added a few more tonight since Eve & I were sitting around with the mic on. We recorded "Always on the Sunnyside
" which is something she sings at school, you're supposed to tell some kind of joke in the breaks... something I screwed up of course. This led us toward the banana knock-knock
, which I also screwed up horribly.
Last night's tune 'i had nothing' was recorded at a rehearsal space with my bandmates (weekly jam-mates?). I basically said, "When I hit record, just start playing." woomp! there it is.
Thanks a bunch for all the notes you've sent me on these things.
Finally, I updated that web page. It's a klunker, but:
- you can get to everything without digging through directories
- you can listen to everything through the doodad.
- the feeds will let you get a ping if there's a new tune.
I think I'm somewhat caught up on the listening now.
- porches is just getting uploaded now. Really nice. I'll spin this a few more times tomorrow.
- migrain my brain is severly migrating my brain right now. Please tell me there was some loopation involved in that. The micro hemiola in the hectic part might induce seizures.
- wallevatoR nice touch here. I like the mood.
- silence is not too slient with that guitar erupting over there. Neat!
- thoughts almost takes off in a lee ranaldo direction. I like it. This made a great first impression.
- Thanks for putting that itunes doodad together today, if the RSS thing I responded with won't work to pull in the latestgreatest, let me know and I'll cook up a dynamical version of your xml file.
- the biggest risk is great. I like the way the energy kind of goes from 0-60 in the prechorus. Also, nice organ moment, I missed that first time around.
- eve had a comment on decelerating repetition: 'that's not funny' when I played it for her right before bedtime.
- free from me is so nice. isn't it amazing how just an additional vocal track can kick up a demo recording?
- Also, sweet & flavorful AND in my right time AND the plan in the same upload pile? wow. send more, what are you waiting for?
- I'm in touch with your blog. I enjoy catching the recording detailz over there. I'm not really making too much of an effort to engineer any of my recordings. I'll start to pay a little more attention to this and put some factoids together.
- Lyudmila works! Is that a love song about this betty?
- I enjoyed statement of too. It comes across as very thought-out and deliberate.
- It's been a treat to hear these gems. I mentioned this to you in an IM the other day, but I'll mention it here for the groop: Your recordings are so hi-fi! In a rush, I downloaded bakersfield to my phone while I was on the bart. I listened to it on the .5 inch speaker and wow... I heard all the backup vocals even...
- down the hole- I love it. It's serious! I don't think I've heard you open up like that before! Beautiful.
category = MUSIC
tagses = SONG-A-DAY
, LEE RANALDO
, SONIC YOUTH